So we’ve just entered the last week of the “When A Woman Says Yes To God” online bible study that I’ve been participating in. This really has been an eye-opening time for me. I’ve learned so much about myself and my walk with God during this time. I’ve discovered that I’m tired of “dancing around the edges”. I’ve found that I am hungry for more of Him. I’m finding that I have no desire for useless noise (ie television)… I am savoring the quiet. I am anxious to wake up in the morning to see what blessings and knowledge the day will hold.
In the last Chapter of the book, the author – Lysa TerKeurst – challenges the reader, that after reading and studying this book still says NO to becoming radically obedient to God, to spend the next 30 days praying and asking God to reveal Himself to her and fill her with a desire for Him like never before. (pg 143)
I read this paragraph a few times and I wondered why it pertained only to the reader that says NO to being radically obedient to God. I have said Yes to God, and with apologies to the author, but I am going to spend the next 30 days asking God to reveal more of Himself to me and fill me with a deeper desire for Him like I’ve never felt before.
So what do I really want?
- I want more of God’s blessing on my life and my family.
- I want to know without a doubt what His plan is for my life.
- I want a deeper relationship with God.
- I want to live in expectation of hearing from God every day.
- I want God’s patience to invade my desire to fly off the handle.
- I want Your provisions so things don’t seem so overwhelming.
- I want Your courage to do what I feel You are calling me to do.
- I want to feel the depth of the love God has for me.
- I want to better understand His ways and seek to be more like Him.
- I want to recognize and rejoice in the fact that every day truly is a gift from Him.
- I want my life overflowing with God’s peace and joy and love.
- I want to be greatful for every blessing from Him, both big and small.
- I want to trust Him with everything I am and ever hope to be.
- I want to remember that God orchestrates every opportunity.
- I want to be able to recognize and appreciate another’s Christlike weakness – believer or not – as they too are made in Christ’s image.
- I want the deepest meaning of my life to be in loving the Lord and loving others and seeking to be more like Him.
- I don’t want to settle for what the easiest, thinking only of my own comfort.
- I want to serve others out of delight in my relationship with God, not out of duty.
- I want to be blessed with an eternal perspective, not just the here and now.
- I want “To Be Totally Sold Out For Christ” to be more than a catch phrase.
So, Father God… I say yes to You and I recommit my life to You. I recommit my present and my future and I wait in expectation and anticipation of where You will take me on this journey. Lord, if you will have this sinner, I am Yours.